Thursday, November 3, 2011

The TORrific Podcast Q&A




Site name: The TORrific Podcast
URL:  thetorrific.com
Name: Casey Tigue (The WizFish)
Started: September 2011
Type: Podcast, blog

SWTOR Face: In your words, how would you describe your site? Do you have a particular focus or interest?


Casey: thetorrific.com is a community website dedicated first and foremost to the TORrific Podcast, bringing news about the show and episode postings, plus some additional articles that are written about swtor and/or happenings of the hosts etc.

SWTOR Face: How many people work on your blog/site (including writers, editors, webmaster, etc)?

Casey: I am the only one that updates the website and writes articles- this is subject to change of course, but for now, its just me that keeps the site functioning.

SWTOR Face: When did you start blogging (about any topic)?

Casey: I remember back in the xanga.com days, writing an "online journal" of sorts- not sure if this was considered blogging, but thats pretty much where I started. Since, however, I've operated websites that go hand in hand with my podcast network and the shows therein- examples include www.thetorrific.com andwww.playervsrift.com - more shows/sites are in the works as well.

SWTOR Face: When did you start blogging about SWTOR?



Casey: I started blogging about swtor when I started the podcast.

SWTOR Face: What, if any, MMOs have you played?

Casey: I started with World of Warcraft, like so many others- I didn't get the "full" MMO experience by starting with Ultima Online, or playing any of the previous games before WoW. Once RIFT came out, I jumped onto that, and I also have some experience with some free to play games such as LOTRO and CoH.

SWTOR Face: Are you attracted to SWTOR because of the gaming experience, Star Wars, or both?

Casey: First and foremost, it's all about Star Wars. I've always been a huge fan, and even if the game turns out to be "WoW with Lightsabers", I'm still in it for the long haul. Personally, I think that WoW is a great game, even today- trouble is, its stagnant and dated...with swtor, I get that change of scenery that I've been waiting for...and being a huge fan of BioWare, I highly doubt that I'll be disappointed in swtor.

SWTOR Face: What is your most memorable experience in gaming?

Casey: Probably when I met my wife on WoW- I know, sounds corny and strange, but it happens more than you might think. We're currently happily enjoying our life together, and for that reason, I feel like I owe MMO's, WoW in particular, a lot.

SWTOR Face: What was your first Star Wars experience?

Casey: My cousin Chris got me into Star Wars at a very young age- since I wasn't alive to enjoy the awesomeness when it first released in 1977, I did what I could, and became a die-hard fan anyway. I honestly can't remember the first time I heard of Star Wars...its a shame, because its really been a franchise that I've grown to love, and I would love to know when it all started. I must've been extremely young :).

SWTOR Face: Republic or Empire?

Casey: For once, this is going to be tricky for me. In WoW it was very easy for me to pick the Horde, and in RIFT, it was just as easy for me to pick Defiant...because I've always related to the bad guys, because the good guys were usually pretty lame. This time around with swtor, it's going to be very hard for me to pick a faction and devote all of my loyalty to them- In Star Wars, I've always loved the good guys, I rooted for them through out my childhood... I actually wanted the good guys to win... but at the same time, I loved the villains, and always enjoyed their stories as much as I liked the Hero stories. So, whats likely to happen, is I'll just be a pure altoholic- play one of everything, until I find the class that really clicks with me.

SWTOR Face: What excites you most about SWTOR?

Casey: I think the exciting part for me, is what everyone else seems to be dreading or complaining about- "WoW with lightsabers". I love WoW- but to have a game thats just as good as WoW, with similar gameplay and mechanics that I'm familiar with- AND have it set in the Star Wars galaxy...its just too much awesome for me to contain.

No comments:

Post a Comment