Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Turning to the Dark Side brings new interest

You may have noticed that things have been a little bit quiet around here lately. To be honest, I burnt myself out a bit. I finished powering through the last of the four different Republic classes, Trooper, in order to unlock all four buffs for all my characters. Then I needed a break.


I found Trooper, with the Commando spec, to be a bit tiresome, not because Trooper was hard to play, it's just that I didn't enjoy the class in PvP and this was the seventh time that I'd been through most of the Republic zones. I did it a couple of times in Beta and I also did it a couple of times before I found my home on an Australian server.

Having a few weeks off and playing other games like Diablo gave me a well needed break and an opportunity to see what else was on offer in the gaming world. Diablo is back on the shelf and I'm back into SWTOR full-swing!

I've started playing a Sith Warrior and it's refreshing how different all the quest lines are from the Republic stories. Even though Imperial and Republic players might occupy the same planets, all the quests are different. For my four Imperial toons I am staggering across different planets to ensure that I have a unique experience with all characters.That combined with the XP bonuses on PvP and class missions will help me level my new characters without getting bored.

The story mode content in SWTOR constantly surprises me. It's just like a well written choose your own adventure. Even if you don't like raiding or PvP the solo story line is enough to keep any player going for a long time.

submit to reddit

No comments:

Post a Comment