Friday, December 18, 2009

Single core CPU PCs are obsolete!



"The Force Unleashed requires a dual core processor with a Radeon HD 2900 or GeForce 8600 or better. Please check system requirements before purchasing."

I know dual and quad core CPUs are faster in a lot of things but this is the first time I have noticed a game that "requires a dual core processor". I'm in the middle of fixing my kids' PC that has a 2.66GHz AMD FX-55. For most games it is still fine; it will play all the cool FPS games but it is 5 years old! It's good to see games taking advantage of multi core processors and not holding us back because people want to still use PCs that are 5 years old! Time to upgrade kids! When this game first came out on the PS3 I was pissed off because it was another game us PC gamers missed out on. Now don't get me wrong, I have a PS3 and I love it, it's just that I cannot stand playing FPS style games on it. FPS is still far superior on the PC than any console. Give me a mouse and keyboard any day! The Force Unleashed was the first Star Wars game that I have never bothered to finish (apart from that Rebellion game years ago-did anyone play that?) and this game was about the Rebel logo I have tattooed on my right arm! Now it's on PC, I know I'll finish it and I wont have to fight with a dumb interface on a bad controller that is fine for racing games and arcade games, but SUX for FPS!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment