Monday, March 28, 2011

Rift end game.

So it has taken me just over 3 weeks to get to max level of 50 in Rift and I must say it was a lot of fun!

Game play was challenging all the way to 50 and the changes in zones spiced it up to ensure it never got dull.

I was surprised so see new skins and even models all the way through to 50 it was a refreshing change to not be killing the same things that have a new colour and an extra 5 levels in every 2 zone..

I have also crafted all the way maxing it out as I go. I picked up outfitter , mining and butchering but was sad to see there was next to no coin to be made from gathering or crafting. The only thing that sold for over the vendor value was bags. If I put 5 items on the auction house I might be lucky to sell one for just a phew gold over the vender price. Most of the time it was a lot more profitable to just quest.

PVP the Warfronts are a lot of fun I’m not big on world PVP but love warfronts but 80% of the time I found my faction out numbered making game play unbalanced so we all just stand around and get 4k experience for not doing anything or feed the other side free kills. Trion bragged about PVP in a video and yes it is fun when u get 2 full teams. But it was not the case for most of the way to 50. I did spend 2 hours waiting for a Warfrount at 50 but never got in.


Story..
Who am I what is this place?? I feel this is the big hole in the game I find my self at 50 and still not knowing a lot about this world and No I didn’t read the 100’s of quest log story’s along the way you get the 6 quests click next and off you go there is not time to read all that stuff and no group will wait for you to read it either. I found the lack of cut seen or audio in the game a big letdown. In this day and age there is no reason not to have full audio and lots of in game video in a game.
I love the quick pick up raids and rifts bit I am worried about the lack of end game content out side or raids. The dungeons are there but I have found it next to imposable to get a group. The only time I have had the chance to run a dungeon is on the weekend as I play on Oceanic time and there are no Oceanic servers I might have to sit around till my guild levels to 50…

No comments:

Post a Comment