Monday, September 5, 2011

Yoda vs Yoda

It was father's day yesterday in Australia and my wife has pre-ordered the Star Wars trilogy on Blu-ray. One of the most exciting things about this new release is that they've finally fixed the horrid looking Yoda in Episode 1. I recently re-watched Episode 1 and I couldn't believe the cringe factor the puppet gave me. I remember watching a documentary about the making of the new puppet for Episode 1 and how they re-used Stuart Freeborn's face as the basis for the mould. Stuart Freeborn was the original sculptor and the puppet was redesigned for Episode 1 by Nick Dudman. The Episode 1 design was, excuse the pun, a dud! When sculpting off the same face, so I cannot understand why they got it so wrong. Check out the differences for yourself below. Do you believe this change is an upgrade, to what most people consider the worst movie in the Star Wars series? I must say that for me, it's going to make Jar Jar Binks and Anakin saying "yipee!", a little bit more tolerable.

No comments:

Post a Comment