Monday, October 10, 2011

Greetings Meatbag Q&A




Site name: Greetings Meatbag
URL: http://www.greetingsmeatbag.com
Name: Lillith S.
Started: July 2011
Type: News and opinions, blog, media

SWTOR Face: In your words, how would you describe your site? Do you have a particular focus or interest?
Lillith S: GreetingsMeatbag.com shares SW:TOR News, Opinions, and Media. We try to do a bit more than just "copy and paste" articles as one may find on other sites, and we pull in information and opinions from many different sources. Our media ranges from detailed breakdowns and analyses of gameplay footage, to "Wish You Were Here" postcards from in-game settings, to silly quizzes about your SW:TOR gaming personality type or your D&D style alignment. We are preparing a contest to give away some Collector's Editions of SW:TOR, so we encourage anyone who hasn’t grabbed a CE for themselves to register and say hello on our forums. Lastly, we are also looking to feature fan media from the SW:TOR community, so if any of our readers are creatively inclined with words or images, drop me a note.

My own interest is writing about the bits and bobs revealed via Devtracker Updates, Twitter, or Google+. That is the fascinating stuff there!



SWTOR Face: How many people work on your blog/site (including writers, editors, webmaster, etc)?


Lillith S: Three right now; "Lead Content Editor" is the title they gave me. I proofread, edit, and sometimes completely re-write our writers' articles and I kick the articles out across our social channels when the writers forget. I do a little bit of writing and sometimes I help with GreetingsMeatbag on twitter (@swtormeatbag) -- mostly trying to keep our tweets more "in character" than not.


SWTOR Face: When did you start blogging (about any topic)?

Lillith S: I started blogging in about 1999 with the dawn of Everquest; however, I write "blogging" when I really mean "ranting." Most of my writing about EQ was one caustic diatribe after another about frustrating corpse runs, bad pickup groups, and so on. I took a break for several years and eventually started writing again for a (now-defunct) LOTRO fansite/newsletter dedicated to roleplayers. I kept an fanart blog for LOTRO, too.


SWTOR Face: When did you start blogging about SWTOR?

Lillith S: I started blogging about SW:TOR in July 2011 when the owner and webmaster of GreetingsMeatbag.com invited me to help out with the site.



SWTOR Face: What, if any, MMOs have you played?


Lillith S: Do The Realm and Ultima Online count? I guess the first "real" MMO I played was Everquest in 1999, which I played faithfully until about 2005. I moved on to test and briefly play Anarchy Online, Dark Age of Camelot, Asheron's Call, and City of Heroes. I also have played Star Wars Galaxies (in which I probably have more hours logged than most of my other MMOs combined), World of Warcraft, Everquest 2, Vanguard, Lord of the Rings Online, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Champions Online, DC Universe Online, Age of Conan, Aion, and Rift. I still play LOTRO (Landroval) and WoW (Ravenholdt) when I have time.


SWTOR Face: Are you attracted to SWTOR because of the gaming experience, Star Wars, or both?

Lillith S: Both! SW:TOR looks to have some great gameplay in store, and it's got lightsabers. One can't go wrong with lightsabers.

SWTOR Face: What is your most memorable experience in gaming?

Lillith S: In Everquest, getting rewarded for my roleplay in an event with a (then priceless) Cloak of Flames from a GM.
In Star Wars: Galaxies, scripting a dungeon crawl event with a dev roleplaying Exar Kun for my guildies.


SWTOR Face: What was your first Star Wars experience?

Lillith S: Technically this was when my parents took me to see Star Wars: A New Hope at the drive-in with my twin when we were toddlers; however, I barely remember it.

SWTOR Face: Republic or Empire?

Lillith S: EMPIRE. I have always cheered for the bad guys in Star Wars.

SWTOR Face: What excites you most about SWTOR?

Lillith S: :: Cough Cough NDA COUGH COUGH ::
I can say the setting and story excites me the most: SW:TOR has a setting where Force users are out in the open, and the Sith vs. Jedi conflicts are my favourite stories.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment